Removing oil stains
To easily remove oil stains, follow the steps for the Boiling Method below.
1. Fill the pan with about 2 cups of water.
2. Add 1 tablespoon each of baking soda, vinegar, and mild dish soap. Boil for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
3. Use a wooden spatula to scrub the oil stains. Boil for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Drain and gently scrub the pot with a sponge and mild dish soap.
During Step 2, be sure to adjust the heat level to prevent the water from boiling over.
Do not use dish soap that prohibits heating.
If the Boiling Method does not fully remove the burnt foods or stains, please try the Paste Method below.
1. Combine 1 tablespoon each of baking soda, vinegar, and mild dish soap in a small bowl and mix well to make a paste. Add to pan.
2. Shape plastic wrap into a ball and scrub the pan for a few minutes or until the stains are removed.
3. Gently scrub the pan with mild dish soap and a soft sponge.
- Plastic wrap is effective for scrubbing off oil stains, since it does not absorb the paste and remains in direct contact with the stains while scrubbing. Plastic wrap is also gentle enough not to scratch the enamel coating.
- To protect your hands from the paste, use rubber gloves.