Here are a few things to note before you start cooking with your Musui. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you start cooking:
1. Heating guide
Cast iron retains heat so efficiently that overheating will cause food to burn or stick. Medium or low heat will provide the best results for cooking.
- Every stove is different. Try boiling water to check the way steam escapes in relation to your stove's settings when you're using your Musui for the first time. Understanding the appropriate heat levels is key to achieving cooking perfection.
- Please reference the heating guide on page 184 of the enclosed cookbook.
2. Season the rims
- The contact area of the pot and lid is not enamel-coated to achieve our signature precision seal. Season the rims by rubbing on a thin coat of cooking oil, especially before the first several uses to minimize rusting.
- Dry the pot immediately after washing.
3. Handling the pot
The enamel coating is made up of glass compounds and is sensitive. Please keep in mind the following points:
- Use silicone or wooden utensils for cooking.
- Clean with mild dish soap and a soft sponge.
- Be careful not to drop the pot or hit it against any hard surfaces.
4. Cooking guide
- The Musui can be used on its own on any stovetops (gas, induction, and electric) or in the oven. The key is to use little liquid as possible, if any, to preserve the integrity of the ingredients while intensifying their natural flavors.
- Here are a couple of our signature steam-roasting recipes:
Again, please reach out at email@example.com if you have any questions or issues. We hope you enjoy cooking with your Musui!