Here are a few things we recommend to do first to get started. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you open the package:
1. Remove the plastic cover
- The touch panel of the Kamado heating base comes with a plastic cover to protect from scratches. We'd recommend peeling it off before first use.
2. Set the clock
- Plug in the Kamado and hold the POWER icon for 3 seconds. Once the clock display starts blinking, use [∨ ∧] icons to adjust the time. Hold to fast forward.
- The clock is in a 24-hour clock (military time) format.
- The clock needs to be set first to use the timer on RICE COOKING mode.
Before you start cooking:
1. Basic rules
- Read basic rules for each cooking technique listed on the back of each tab within the cookbook.
2. Season the rims
- The contact area of the pot and lid is not enamel-coated to achieve the precision seal. Season the rims by rubbing on a thin coat of cooking oil before the first several uses to minimize rusting.
- Dry the pot immediately after washing.
3. Enjoy cooking
- The Musui can be used on its own on any stovetops (gas and electric), induction cooktops or in the oven.
- Never attempt to lift or carry by holding the top part of the Kamado.
Read the user manual for complete instructions and important safety information before using this product. You can download the PDF version here.