Once you open the package:
1. Remove plastic cover from the touch panel
- The touch panel of the Kamado heating base comes with a plastic cover to protect from scratches. We'd recommend peeling it off before your first use.
2. Set the clock
- Plug in the Kamado and hold [Font Awesome Icons] for 3 seconds. Once the clock display starts blinking, use the [Font Awesome Icons] icons to adjust time. Hold to fast forward.
- The clock is in a 24-hour clock (military time) format.
- Clock needs to be set first to use the timer on RICE COOKING mode.
Before you start cooking:
1. Basic rules
- Please reference the basic rules for each cooking technique listed on the back of each tab within the cookbook. You can also find them here on our website.
2. Season the rims
- The contact area of the pot and lid is not enamel-coated to achieve the precision seal. Season the rims of the pot and lid by rubbing on a thin coat of cooking oil before the first several uses to minimize rusting.
- Dry the pot immediately after washing.
3. Enjoy cooking
- The Musui can be used on its own on any stovetops (gas and electric), induction cooktops or in the oven.
- Never attempt to lift or carry by holding the top part of the Kamado.
Read the user manual for complete instructions and important safety information before using this product. Please download the PDF version here.