Musui–Kamado Series: Rice Cooking
Enjoy varieties of perfectly cooked rice with the Musui–Kamado
Rice perfectly cooked is flavorful with a satisfying natural sweetness accompanying the chewy texture of each grain. We take pride in our Musui–Kamado's powerful rice cooking function. Inspired by the traditional Japanese kamado stoves, the Musui–Kamado's exclusive Three-Dimensional Heating provides evenly distributed heat, cooking every grain of rice to perfection time after time. As it happens, the Musui–Kamado is marketed as a rice cooker in Japan. It is used at many sushi restaurants to make shari (sushi rice) for sushi, including Chef Sato’s renowned sushi restaurant, Hakkoku, in Tokyo.
The Musui–Kamado is not only a master of traditional white rice. You can cook brown rice or mixed rice and achieve the desired finish of scorched and porridge as you like at the touch of a button. Whatever your preference, we hope you enjoy endless variations of delicious rice cooking with the Musui–Kamado.
Make divine rice in a few simple steps.
1. Select the type of rice [WHT] (white) or [BRN] (brown), and choose rice finish [NORM].
2. Select the amount of rice (up to 4 rice cups) you wish to cook.
3. Set the completion time and press [START] to begin.
- 1 rice cup equals 180 ml and is different from 1 US cup (240ml).
- The default cooking time for white rice is 60 minutes (30 min soaking + 30 min cooking). You can either cut down or eliminate the soaking time if you are in a rush. You can also set a timer up to 12 hours in advance.
- For brown rice, the default cooking time is 70 minutes without soaking time. Pre-soaking is required separately.
Try our white rice or brown rice recipe and familiarize yourself with rice cooking with the Musui–Kamado.
Using the scorched rice mode allows you to enjoy a bottom layer of delicious crispy rice.
1. Add rinsed rice into the pot after thoroughly draining and add in water.
2. Cover and select [RICE COOKING] mode.
3. Select [WHT] or [BRN], and [SCORCH] mode.
4. Set the number of rice cups. Press [START] to begin.
Try our Bibimbap recipe to master the scorched rice cooking mode.
For porridge, 1 cup of white rice with 900 ml water will make a full pot of porridge. When using the porridge mode, make sure to cook uncovered to keep water from boiling over.
*There is no porridge option for the brown rice.
1. Add rinsed rice into the pot after thoroughly draining and add in water and stir.
2. Select [RICE COOKING] mode, [WHT], and [PORR] mode.
3. Set the amount of rice to [1.0 or 1.5] rice cups.
4. Press [START] to begin. Cook uncovered to avoid boiling over.
Try our Congee recipe to master the porridge mode.
The key to making perfect mixed rice is to adjust the rice amount setting when adding ingredients. Increase 1 rice cup for every 330 g (11.6 oz) of additional ingredients when cooking mixed rice. Then, immediately start rice cooking once you add in seasoning.
1. Add rinsed rice into the pot after thoroughly draining. Add in water, seasoning, and ingredients on top of rice.
2. Cover and select [RICE COOKING] mode, [WHT] or [BRN], [NORM], and set the number of rice cups. Press [START] to begin.
Pro Tip: Storing leftover rice
The Musui–Kamado does not have a keep-warm function for rice. This is because letting the rice sit warm will diminish its pleasing flavor and texture over time. Instead, we recommend freezing the rice in a freezer-safe container or plastic wrap while the rice is still warm. You can then microwave it to defrost the rice, and it will have the same flavor and texture as if freshly cooked.